Thank you for submitting your application. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application to the email you provided on your application within 48 hours of submission. Please note that as this is a mass email, it may end up in your spam folder. If you do not receive the email, please refer to these sample copies:
- Undergraduate Sample Confirmation
- Graduate Sample Confirmation
- Extended Education Program Sample Confirmation
International Application Process:
- Only completed applications are reviewed for an admission determination.
- If your file is deemed incomplete or if any documents are needed we will post this request in your Sonoma State University To-Do List as your application is reviewed.
- Sonoma State University will begin to process applications for the Fall term by early November. SSU will begin to process applications for the Spring term in September.
- In order to view your To-Do List, go to Track Your Application Status for instructions on accessing MySSU through Sonoma State University’s Online Services. Periodically check MySSU for information pertinent to your admission.
All applicants must provide the following:
- All students must submit international transcripts to a third-party evaluation service.
- Sonoma State regularly accepts foreign transcripts that have been evaluated by credential evaluation servicers and currently works closely with these servicers.
- Proof of English proficiency via English test scores. See list of accepted re required English proficiency test score for undergraduate or graduate admission (Review English Language Proficiency Requirements section)
- Financial Affidavit for International Students found on the Admissions Forms page
- Gap in Attendance Inquiry (if there is a gap in your educational history of 12 or more months) found on the Admissions Forms page
- Copy of the biographical page of your passport
Undergraduate applicants (students seeking a first degree) must provide the following:
- All official secondary transcripts, leaving certificates, mark sheets or diplomas.
- All official transcripts or mark sheets for any colleges or universities attended.
Post-baccalaureate applicants (students seeking a graduate degree or a second bachelor’s) must provide the following:
- Official transcripts, mark sheets, or test results for all university coursework.
- Verification of the award of all degrees, if not noted on official transcript(s).
Contact Information:Sonoma State University
Office of Admissions
1801 E. Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928-3609
Please Note: Only complete applications are reviewed for an admission determination. If your file is deemed incomplete or if any documents are needed we will post this request in your MySSU.
Failure to adhere to the requirements will void the processing of your application.