Thank you for submitting your application. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application to the email you provided on your application within 48 hours of submission. Please note that as this is a mass email, it may end up in your spam folder. If you do not receive the email, below you'll find a copy of that email with your next steps.
International Application Process:
- Only completed applications are reviewed for an admission determination.
- If your file is deemed incomplete or if any documents are needed we will post this request in your Sonoma State University To-Do List. Starting in October (for Fall applications) or September (for Spring applications) this account will be available to you within 3 weeks from the date your application was submitted.
- Sonoma State University will begin to process applications for the Fall term by early November. SSU will begin to process applications for the Spring term in September.
- In order to view your To-Do List, go to Track Your Application Status for instructions on accessing MySSU through Sonoma State University’s Online Services. Periodically check MySSU for information pertinent to your admission.
All applicants must provide the following:
- Official TOEFL score report (undergraduate: minimum PBT score of 500, or minimum iBT score of 61; graduate: minimum PBT score of 550, or minimum iBT score of 80). Please note some graduate programs require a higher TOEFL score. Please check with the program to which you are applying. TOEFL is not required from applicants who have studied in the U.S. full-time (excluding ESL) for three consecutive years.
- Official IELTS will be accepted in lieu of an official TOEFL score (minimum band score of 6.0 for undergraduate admission and a minimum band score of 7.0 for graduate admission). Our ETS school code is: 4723.
- Official bank certification for available funds in the total amount of at least $34,000 for first or second bachelor’s degree applicants or at least $32,000 for graduate degree applicants. This must be accompanied by a signed affidavit of support from all sponsors.
- Certified literal English translations of documents not originally issued in English.
- Copy of photo page of current passport.
Undergraduate applicants (students seeking a first degree) must provide the following:
- All official secondary transcripts, leaving certificates, mark sheets or diplomas.
- All official transcripts or mark sheets for any colleges or universities attended.
Post-baccalaureate applicants (students seeking a graduate degree or a second bachelor’s) must provide the following:
- Official transcripts, mark sheets, or test results for all university coursework.
- Verification of the award of all degrees, if not noted on official transcript(s).
Contact Information:Sonoma State University
Attn: Ms. Kerbrina Boyd
1801 E. Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928-3609
Please Note: Only complete applications are reviewed for an admission determination. If your file is deemed incomplete or if any documents are needed we will post this request in your MySSU.
Failure to adhere to the requirements will void the processing of your application.