How to Submit Transcripts to Sonoma State

Document Due Dates


Missing Documents

Initial Documents

Final Official Documents

Fall Jan 30 May 1 July 1
Spring Sept 30 Nov 1 Jan 10

*Missing documents = documents needed for initial file review

*Initial documents = Required to Verify Conditional Offer of Admission (coursework in progress allowed)

Official Transcripts are hard copies in signed and sealed envelopes (See option 1) OR are sent through an approved electronic exchange service (See option 2). 
Unofficial Transcripts are documents uploaded through Cal State Apply or direct email attachments, including PDFs, screenshots or self-reported coursework from students or school counselors.

When submitting your domestic transcriptsscores and other official documents for your application, please use one of the options listed below.  International and Domestic Students with foreign transcripts should follow the "Foreign Coursework Evaluations" process.

Option 1: Mail

Mail all transcripts to:

Sonoma State University
Attn: Office of Admissions
1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928


  • Transcripts sent by mail must be signed, stamped and sealed by the school or institution that is issuing them. 
  • Transcripts that have been opened by the student are not official. 
  • Transcripts should be sent directly from the school or institution issuing them. 
  • You may forward a transcript with the seal intact by mailing it in a larger envelope to SSU.
  • Transcripts must have an issue date that is within the last two years.

Option 2: Electronic Transcripts

SSU accepts electronic transcripts from the following electronic exchange services:

  • eTranscripts California
  • Parchment
  • Credential Solutions
  • Other: Electronic transcripts sent from other exchange service providers must be sent to


  • SSU does not accept direct email attachments of official or unofficial transcripts from students or 3rd parties.  Please check with your school to inquire about their process for sending transcripts.
  • Documents uploaded into Cal State Apply during the application process are NOT official.

Advanced Placement Credit
Students must have official AP score reports sent by College Board to the SSU Office of Admissions for evaluation. 

College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Students must have official CLEP score reports sent by College Board to the SSU Office of Admissions for evaluation. 

International Baccalaureate Credit
Students must have official IB score reports sent by International Baccalaureate.  

Military Credit

  • Students must have a copy of the separation paper (DD214) on file in the Admissions and Records Office.
  • Military transcripts can be sent using Joint Services Transcript or American Council on Education transcripts.

Foreign Coursework Evaluations

All students must submit international transcripts to one of the following third-party evaluation services for a course to course evaluation.

Please note: Additional transcripts are not required to be sent to the Office of Admissions when using these credential evaluation services.

*Note for candidates seeking a Credential or Master's Degree visit for more details.