Thank you for submitting your application. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application to the email you provided on your application within 48 hours of submission. Please note that as this is a mass email, it may end up in your spam folder. If you do not receive the email, please refer to the sample copy for Fall 2021 applications:
If you applied to a program through the School of Extended Education, please refer to the Fall 2021 sample copy:
- Extended Education Undergraduate sample confirmation
- Extended Education Graduate sample confirmation
This PDF illustrates the steps you'll take to create your Seawolf account and track your application:
Graduate Application Process:
- Graduate and post-baccalaureate applicants are required to submit official (sealed) transcripts to the Admissions Office. We will need one official transcript from each college you have attended within your most recent 60 semester units, as well as the transcript showing you have received a bachelor's degree (even if it is not part of your most recent 60 units). You may send these transcripts yourself (provided they are still in the official sealed envelopes) or have the colleges mail them directly to Sonoma State University. We only accept electronic transcripts that are processed through Parchment Exchange (Docufide) or e-Transcript California. For information about how to send transcripts and other documents, please refer to the document submission instructions.
- All missing documents will be noted in MySSU under the To-Do List as your application is reviewed. Please make sure to check your account regularly for the current status of your documents and the required due dates. If you have attended Sonoma State University within the past five years, you do not need to submit transcripts unless they are noted in your self-service account.
- Most graduate departments at Sonoma State University require that students submit a separate application to their program. Be sure to verify if this applies to you; see Academic Affair's list of Graduate Programs and Advisors.
- If you have questions about the status of your University application, contact the Office of Admissions. Your academic records specialist for Credential programs is Kerbrina Boyd, email@example.com, (707) 664-3024. Your academic records specialist for all other graduate programs is Rosanna Kelley, firstname.lastname@example.org, (707) 664-2252.
- Questions regarding the status of your departmental application should be directed to the department to which you applied.
Please Note: Only complete applications are reviewed for an admission determination. If your file is deemed incomplete or if any documents are needed we will post this request in your MySSU.
Failure to adhere to the requirements will void the processing of your application.