Sonoma State is Here for You
The last few years have lent new meaning to the old adage, "life happens". If you've had to defer your dreams and step away from higher education, we want to help you get back on track. Re-apply now and we'll be there with you every step of the way.
Why College Matters
Research has shown time and again that obtaining a four-year degree leads to significant increases in earnings potential.
Lifetime earnings aside, our university is a place where you can be free to learn, grow, explore, and become a richer version of yourself. Sonoma State University prides itself on being the only public liberal arts college in California and the only California member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC). We strive to continue the liberal arts tradition of personal growth across a breadth of fields and experiences.
Sonoma State has the highest transfer graduation rate in the CSU system and a top-four overall graduation rate. We know how to help students achieve their dreams. Let us help you be one of the hundreds of students that walks across the stage at Weill Hall on graduation day.
How to Get Started
- Been a while since you were last here? Take a look at our Admissions page for the most recent updates to admissions criteria.
- Ready to dive in? Submit your application to SSU at Cal State Apply.
- Want to talk to someone before taking the plunge? Reach out to our Academic Success Coordinator Anthony Korsund at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I don't know if I can afford to come back to college.
- What if I've moved away?
- SSU provides a variety of distance-learning options, up to and including the CSU Fully Online program.
- Okay, but I don't live in California anymore, will SSU still be affordable?
- What if I want to apply for readmission to SSU for the upcoming semester but the application deadline in Cal State Apply indicates that it is too late?
- If you confirm on the Admissions Office website that SSU is still accepting applications for the upcoming semester, then please submit a Late Application Form. Once your form is processed by the SSU Admissions Office, you will receive an email with instructions on how to submit a late application for admission to SSU through Cal State Apply which will include a numerical passcode that will allow you to complete the late application after the deadline on Cal State Apply.